L-Chem specializes in providing contract R&D in electrochemical process design.
Our staff includes experienced engineers and scientists with extensive fundamental and practical experience. Our varied and complementary background enables us to provide comprehensive solutions. Areas of specific expertise include:
Electrochemical engineering – cell and process design; current and deposit thickness distribution; transport (flow and agitation) effects.
Mechanical Engineering – Hardware design (including prototype build-up) and testing. Materials selection. Process integration.
Applied Physics and Mathematics – Process modeling. Algorithm development. Statistical analysis.
Computer science – Custom software development.
Electrochemistry – Process formulation and analysis, additives effects.
L-Chem has provided in the past contract R&D (ranging from customized software to complete prototype construction and testing) to numerous large and small companies. A few that we can list include:
- Abrasive Technology ( Columbus , OH )
- ACME Electric ( Tempe , AZ )
- AMTX ( Canandigua , NY )
- Alcoa ( Pittsburgh , PA )
- Alcan ( Ontario , Canada )
- Applied Materials, Inc. ( Santa Clara , CA )
- Bell Labs ( Murray Hill , NJ )
- Diamond Shamrock ( Painesville , OH )
- General Motors (GM) ( Warren , MI )
- IBM ( Endicott , NY )
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratories ( Livermore , CA )
- Martin Marrietta (Oak-Ridge Natl. Labs.)
- U.S. Steel ( Pittsburgh , PA )
- Western Electric ( Kansas City , MO )
- Xerox ( Rochester , NY )
L-Chem has access to laboratory space, testing, and fabrication facilities as needed. IP generated during fully funded contract work typically belongs to the sponsoring company.
L-Chem typically reserves the right to distribute custom developed software that does not include specific IP
For standard purchasing options, [click here] to see our Licensing page